2. Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
3. General Terms
3.1 The Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd website is owned and operated by Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd, a company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 2017/150391/07, which has its registered address at 296 Cape Road, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 6045
3.2 In terms of S11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT) 25 of 2002 and the common law of contract, these terms and conditions are valid, binding and enforceable against all persons that access the Brian Bands Sports website. We may from time to time update or change terms without notice. You should check them periodically, as your continued use of the website will mean that you have accepted any revised terms.
3.3 This agreement and the use of this website are governed by the laws of South Africa. Non-residents may use our website in order to make online purchases provided that the delivery address is in South Africa.
3.4 You may browse or use our website for your own personal, private, educational, non-commercial and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent.
3.5 The unauthorized use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of the content of this website, the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software, or the creation of any links to our website from any other website, is strictly prohibited.
3.6 Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd reserve the right to:
- 3.6.1 restrict your use and access to our website or part thereof in the event of any unauthorised use
- 3.6.2 suspend our website or any part thereof
- 3.6.3 terminate your account at any time if we believe that the information supplied by you is false or incomplete.
4. What we Collect
4.1 We may collect the following information:
- 4.1.1 Name
- 4.1.2 contact information including email address
- 4.1.3 demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
5. What we do with the Information we Gather
5.1 We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- 5.1.1 Internal record keeping.
- 5.1.2 We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- 5.1.3 We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- 5.1.4 From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will, of course, only contact you if you have given us your express permission to do so.
6.1 We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
7.1 All intellectual property on the website, including but not limited to content, trademark (or any confusingly similar trademarks), trade names, logos, pictures, videos, downloads, domain names, patents, design elements, software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks are the property of or licensed to Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights licensed to you in terms of the section A4 above, all other rights to intellectual property on the website are expressly reserved. No person shall amend, copy, use, decompile and/or reverse engineer the source code of the website. No person may use logos, icons or trademarks from the website as hyperlinks or for other purposes without Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd's consent.
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
8.1 Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever resulting from access or use of our website or the purchase of any of our products or services. You hereby agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss, damage or claim that we may suffer as a result of your use of our website and/or its contents contrary to these terms.
9.1 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
9.2 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
9.3 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
10. Links to Other Websites
10.1 Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
11.2 If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future ("opt-in"), or (b) you have registered on our website or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
11.3 We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone outside Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
12. Controlling your Personal Information
12.1 By providing your personal information on any of our online environments you agree to the following terms:
- 12.1.1 I understand that by providing my personal details, I am agreeing to Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd processing my information in order for me to have an enhanced online experience. I also agree that the information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose of which it was collected for and that Brian Bands Sports (Pty) Ltd is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of my personal information at all times.
12.2 You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- 12.2.1 whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- 12.2.2 if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
12.3. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
12.4 You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us in writing.
12.5 If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us in writing as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.